This is actually a different kind of week for us! I will not be running out the door as soon as my Hubby gets home from work! My work schedule is different this weekend I am very excited that I will be able to spend some extra time home with the family this week!! I typically work 3-5 nights per week. Most of the time when I get home from work, my hubby is asleep. I worked the past weekend and then I work Wednesday morning on a project so I will be home by noon!! After that I do not go back until the following Wednesday!!!
I have a HUGE list of things I want to get accomplished over the next 9 days! Most of it is cooking/canning/baking/homemaking related! I want to try to start getting meals made and in the freeze for when the baby gets here! It is hard to believe that she will be here soon! I am officially due on 12/12/12, but could be here sooner… or later than that date!!
Here is what I want to try to get accomplished!
- COMPLETED! Finish canning the eight 1 gallon bags of jalapenos I have in the fridge from the garden. ( Check out the recipe here!!)
- Completed! Make Crock Pot Apple Sauce and get it canned. ( I need to finish processing the apples that we picked at the orchard! Thank goodness when apples are stored properly they last for several weeks! Check out the recipe here.)
- Completed! Start Making Yogurt ( I used to make yogurt all the time. In fact I love my homemade greek yogurt. A while back I had awesome coupons for store bought organic yogurt so I started buying it and just haven’t got back into the habit of making my own and now I am craving it!! Check out the post here!)
- Completed! Get the master bedroom re-organized. ( We recently moved the furniture around to make more space to put the crib up in our room. I have a few odds and ends of stuff that I need to find a new home for!)
- Completed! Family Movie Night!! ( Yesterday while shopping we picked up the Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin Movie!! One night this week after an early dinner we are going to make air popped popcorn and enjoy the movie as a family!!)
- Completed! Make chicken pot pies for the freezer! recipe here
- Completed! Make chicken quesadillas for the freezer recipe here
- Completed! Season, bake, and freeze chicken for the freezer. Baked chicken instructions.
- Completed! Organize my coupon box and make a shopping list Check out my coupon box here!
- Finalize my meal menu for the month ( will be posting it soon!)
- Finish pulling all the tomato plants out of the garden. ( I put my green tomatoes in the green house on newspaper and they are ripening nicely! A neighbor told me this trick and it is working wonderfully!)
- Completed! Clean off the hutch!! ( I have this gorgeous hutch that sits in our dinning room. It is actually the center piece of the room as your walk through the front door….and we ALWAYS stack things on top of it!! It is driving me nuts and I am going to get it cleaned off!!)
- Completed! Make Pumpkin Bread recipe here
- Completed! Make Zucchini Bread recipe here
- Completed! Make Granola Bars recipe here
- Completed! Make No Bake Cookies recipe here
- Completed! Organize Kitchen Gadget Drawers (Check out the post here!)
- Completed! Make Cilantro Cubes recipe here
- Completed! Process 20 lbs potatoes ( I have 20 pounds of potatoes that I need to cook/freeze before they go bad!)
- Completed! Begin making freezer meals for when baby comes:
So far this is everything I have thought of! I am going to be adding things to this list for sure, but I like being able to post the list here and being able to add and subtract! Stay tuned for all the new recipes and picture updates!!!
Linking Up With:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us