- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 can tomato paste
- 4 cups corn ( fresh, canned, or frozen will work!)
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cup shredded cheese ( optional!)
Step 1: Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic powder in a skillet until done. Stir in can of tomato paste and heat until warm
Step 2: Using either two pie pans, or one 9×13 pan, spread ground beef mixture at the bottom.
Step 3: Add corn on top of the ground beef mixture.
Step 4: Add mashed potatoes on top of the corn and top with cheese (optional)
Step 5: Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until cheese is nice and bubbly and dish is heated through.
Shepherd’s Pie also freezes well! I made 2 pie pan size pies. One was for dinner and one was for the freezer. I am trying to get some meals in the freezer and ready to go for when Baby Girl gets here!
- Add any veggies that your family likes
- Works well with ground chicken, pork, or turkey
- Add stewed tomatoes for a more “soupy” style pie
Linking Up With: