The weather here was gorgeous today! We had all of our school work done by 11 am and the boys immediately wanted to go outside to play. I have a huge list of things that I am trying to get accomplished this week ( check out the list here!) but I was able to take some of the work outside!
One of the big things I wanted to do this week was make Crock Pot Apple Sauce. I took all of the apples outside to peel and slice while the kids rode their bikes and played. I sat on the front porch peeling apples ( and 20 lbs of potatoes!) The neighbors already think I am nuts, so it was okay!
- 16-20 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ( white sugar will also work as well as leaving out sugar all together)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ( optional)
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours until apples are soft
- Puree the apple until smooth ( or mash if you like chunky style applesauce) Place in mason jars for storage.
- Applesauce can be canned in a water bath canner for 15 minutes, froze, or stored in the fridge.
I can’t believe how much I have gotten accomplished so far during my time off work! I am very excited to knock another item off of my list!