I told my hubby that I do not find cleaning up after the kitty and changing a litter box but not until AFTER I have the baby!! Pregnant women should not be handling anything to do with cleaning a litter box and could be dangerous to their health or health of the baby! He completely understood and was willing to take the responsibility on himself and we were good to go on getting the kitten!!
My hubby is the cat person of the family and I have personally never owned one and didn’t quite know what to expect. We borrowed some things from the neighbors until I was able to run out in the evening and pick up some other things that we needed for the cat.
Here is Zoomi:
His name definitely fits him as he zooms around the house and our feet and bounces all around!
The night we got Zoomi I bought the basic things that we needed:
- A litter box $6.99
- Cat litter $6.49
- Cat Box Liners $9.49 for 20
- 6 containers wet food $2.24 ( after $1.00 coupon I found laying on the shelf!)
- Kitten Dry Food $3.69
- Cat Dishes $3.49
- Bag of Treats $1.74
A few days later I was checking my email and found a post from Freecycle of someone giving away quite a few cat supplies. I replied to the email and was happy to discover that the next day I was emailed back and asked when I could pick everything up!!!
Here is everything we got through Freecycle:
- Tidy Cat Breeze Litter Box
- Tidy Cat Breeze Litter Box pad ( 6 months worth!)
- Tidy Cat Breeze Litter ( 6 months worth!)
- Bag of Cat food ( that was for an older kitty that we gave to the neighbors)
- 6 count box of Frontline with expiration date of 2014!
- Multiple Cat Toys
- Cat Brush
- Cat Treats
- A book on cats
- Scratching post that hangs from the door
Well over $150.00 worth of Kitty supplies!!! I drove less than 20 minutes to pick everything up!!
Be sure to check for your local Freecycle!! It is really amazing what you can find!! Click here to find a Freecycle Group near you! I am very lucky that I have 2 freecycle groups near me!!