I was so excited yesterday when we began to harvest the potatoes, only to discover that nothing grew! I even followed the directions perfectly. The plants died, which meant it was time to harvest only to find this:
The method that I used was the barrel method. I planted the potatoes at the bottom of the barrel and kept adding dirt as the plant grew up. The plants looked amazing and I made sure to water them regularly. I harvested at the correct time or should I say attempted to harvest at the correct time.
Luckily I am only out around $5.00 for the potato seed starts. I am going to try again in the middle of August. This time thought I am going to use smaller containers…. and we will see what happens!