While Bryson and I were going through all of his school books and the fun kits that were included ( school supplies such as paint, crayons, index cards, and other things were also included!) my 2 year old Ian started getting super upset and crying! I asked him what was wrong and he asked where his schoool books and supplies were!
I never even thought about him feeling left out! I immediately told him that his would be here soon and that they were coming! That night when my hubby came home from work I told him I was going to run out and get somethings to throw together a “preschool homeschool kit” for Ian. Friday morning when Ian woke up I walked into our living room with a box ( smaller, but similar to what Bryson had received!) and told him that his school supplies had arrived!
Ian was super excited as we went through the box and his big brother chimed right in with him! Ian is super excited that he will be starting school with us soon. I am also looking forward to Ian joining us at the table while we have school time every morning!
Here is the kit I put together for Preschool Homeschool:
- 4 boxes crayons ( $0.25each)
- 1 regular notebook ( $0.17)
- 1 pack pencils ($0.49)
- 1 water color paint set ( $0.97)
- 5 workdbooks of various topics all preschool related ( $1.00 each)
- 1 Mead Preaschool Workbook with tear out sheets ($5.99)
- 1 pack index cards ( $0.44)
- 1 pack pipe cleaners ($1.00)
- 1 pack of 80 sheets colored papar ($1.99)
I purchased everything at Target and my total spent was $17.05
Ian feeling included and being excited about learning: PRICELESS!!!