- 1/2 c organic. old fashioned oats-blended in blender until it is flour
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c organic flour
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 c organic unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 c buttermilk, organic is best, do not use nonfat or low fat.
- Don’t grease the cookie sheets.
- Grind 1/2 cup oatmeal at low speed in the blender until fine.
- Add honey, salt, flour and soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture forms crumbs and then add the buttermilk.
- Mix until it forms a ball and sticks together.
- Roll thin, cut with animal shaped cookie cutters.
- Bake at 400ºF until brown (10 to 12 minutes).